Sunday, May 6, 2012

Who is Jackson?

There was a time before Jackson when there was time to do things like post a blog, go to the gym, clean the house, etc.  It was so much easier when one parent could offer relief to the other to allow for some decompression time.  Now, that opportunity is limited.

Let's face it...leaving one parent with both children is just too dangerous.  Jack and Julia are too smart, too fast and too cunning!  We prefer the divide and conquer method, in the interest of minimizing damages.  It's usually a race to be the one who "gets" Julia!



Jackson Paul Wisk is currently a 29" and 23 lb. newly walking, almost talking, one man wrecking crew!  He never stops...he's into everything...he's strong as an ox (that must be the polish in him)...and deceptively smart.  Don't believe me?  Come watch him for an hour and turn your head for just one moment!  The vigilance that he requires is downright exhausting!

He's a brick house!  With little block feet and quads like Varitek!  He bounces off walls, wrestles with Daddy and Julia, throws toys around and destroys any building block structures in his path...always with the biggest smile on his face!

He has a future in competitive eating.  He is currently eating twice what Julia eats in half the time.  And then when he's done, he scours the floor to pick up any morsel that he, his sister or Mia the cat have dropped.

He has turned into a talker.  His first words are Da-Da, Julia (pronounced "juya"), what's that ("wasdaaa") and beer.  He is clearly my son!  I was so proud yesterday when I was holding him and he took his two-finger pointer our, aimed it at my beer and said "wasdaa"?  I said "it's a beer".  He looked at me and smiled and said "a beer" just as clear as I did!

But my favorite Jack quality thus far is definitely his affinity for his sister!  She (not his parents) is the center of his universe.  He absolutely lights up when she comes into the room and I think that the feeling is mutual.  There are many things that I wish for my children, but one that is on the top of my list is that they develop and maintain a strong bond...that they love, respect, enjoy and look out for each other for their entire lives!

-Andy

No comments: