Sunday, September 11, 2011

Finally....

..a new blog post!!! After much hounding from my mother, I figured I better post a few pictures!! Our computer has had a virus all summer and we have not gotten around to getting it fixed, so we have had limited computer access; hence, the lack of blogs!


Other than being incredibly busy with Andy getting a promotion and me going back to work, things are pretty well. Jackson is growing like crazy and Julia is an incredible helper who is absolutely in love with her little brother.
















I have been trying to keep up with monthly pictures of Jackson, so here are the 1st 4 months. Jackson enjoyed his first trip to the Outer Banks, NC at just over 1 month old. He slept most of the time, but he will have many more opportunities to enjoy in the sand castle making and all of the other fun things that happen at the beach!!


















Jackson (& Julia) have also experienced their first earthquake and hurricane...all in the same week! We weren't real sure what to expect with Hurricane Irene predicted to hit Delmarva, so we prepared for the worst and hoped for the best. Turns out, we got the best! We only lost power for about 3 hours throughout the entire weekend. But we decided that we should sleep downstairs, just in case a tree decided to come through our roof (like I said, preparing for the worst!). So we told Julia that we were going to camp out and we even made her a little tent. She had such a great time sleeping downstairs and I fear that she is going to have a rude awakening if she ever actually goes camping!!! Here are her and Jackson hanging out in her "tent".


I realize this is a brief and scattered blog, but it's better than nothing!!! Hopefully my more thoughtful and creative writer of a husband will feel inspired by my post to update everyone on many of the fun times we have been having as a family of 4!!

~Courtney

1 comment:

amanda said...

Definitely a pleasant surprise this morning! Love the pics!