Monday, February 3, 2014

What does the fox say?!?!

And now I will apologize for getting that song stuck in your head!!!  If you aren't familiar, you can look it up on youtube (Ylvis-what does the fox say).

So Andy was out of town for the last week for a work conference.  This was one of the videos we made for him while he was away.  It was a tough week for us (ok, mostly me!!) but Grandmom did come to the rescue and stayed with us one night.  It was fun having her down here as a distraction (especially since Julia had 2 days off from school for the snow!)  The kids were a big help shoveling the snow (I had no idea how long our driveway was until I had to shovel 5ish inches of snow off of it!!) 

As a fun surprise when Andy got home, we told the kids that we were going to go to an indoor water park for the night.  For Christmas, my parents had gotten us gift cards to a place called Francis Scott Key in Ocean City, MD.  They have an indoor pool with a pirate theme.  They also have awesome outdoor amenities too, but seeing as it is February, they were closed.

The kids had a great time!  They enjoyed swimming, going down the slide and having pizza for dinner.  I had a "Mom of the Year" moment (said sarcastically) when we got there and I realized that I had forgotten to pack Julia's swimsuit!  So she took it in stride and off we went to find a bathing suit.  Due to lack of other options....we had to venture into the world of bikinis!! 
 
 
This also happened to be the first time the kids have stayed in a hotel overnight.  Julia was awesome and was out like a light with no problem.  Jack was a different story!!  Andy left to go grab us some food, so I had turned out all the lights, turned the TV off and Jackson was almost asleep (as was I) when Andy returned with our food.  Jackson sits up, "what's that Daddy??"  "Food for Mommy & Daddy." "Can I have some?"  "Sure!"  So Jackson helps us eat our quesadilla and chicken wings!  He was also serenading us with some  'Call me Maybe" that happened to come on the TV.  He had a great time.  Andy put on Pawn Stars and he loved watching that!  Everything that was brought in, Jackson would ask, "Can I get that for my birthday?"  So for those of you who will ask in a couple months, Jackson would like a vintage motorcycle, a music box and a homemade replica tank!  We don't know what time Jackson actually went to sleep, but it was definitely after everyone else and it was close to 12 am.  We now know how things go down at Grandmom and Pop's when they spend the night!!
 
 
When we got home the next morning, Julia let me pull out her loose tooth, so we also had a visit from the tooth fairy over the weekend! 
 
 
So after a long week without Andy, we had a great weekend and I'm so happy to have our normal lives back!!! 
 
~Courtney
 

No comments: