Sunday, January 30, 2011

Progress and a Small Change in Direction

When we uncovered the brick fireplace behind the plaster, there were about twelve people who told me that we should leave it exposed. I wanted to cover it up, mainly because it would require a lot of trim work and that is my home improvement nemesis! Courtney can tell you how many perfectly good pieces of molding I've wasted because of lack of patience and foresight.
Nevertheless, I decided to change course and expose it. I think it'll be a nice feature in the room and the wall that we had put over it was pretty soft, because there was no stud behind it.
The room is coming along great! It's insulated. All the drywall is hung. There is a marked difference in the feel and temperature of the room.
Many, many, MANY thanks to Louie and Brent for all the help that they have provided with this project!

-Andy

1 comment:

Christy Franklin said...

What if, instead of having to use molding to trim it out you just put in a "built-in" bookcase on either side? It would frame it nicely and you could run it right up next to the brick. Just a thought =)